Monday, August 17, 2020

Best Intentions

Well!! My New Year's Eve resolution was to start blogging more regularly about my projects and such.  But then we all know what happened!

I will start with the project I finished today and then try to back fill the other projects that I have worked on the past 6 months.

I have been making masks for my husband and myself and a couple of other folks (more about those later).

This project I made 2 masks for the lady that does my pedicures because I found the PERFECT fabric for her and I couldn't resist.  Then I noticed that I had some extra fabric and wanted to make a little basket as well.

The masks are the same with the regular nail polish pattern on one side and the crazy nail polish on the other side.  They are reversible and I used different colored bias tape to make them different.  I special ordered the fabric from Spoonflower.  I didn't realize that each order is custom made and that it is digitally printed on the fabric.  It seems nicely done, though.

Masks and WeeBoxyBasket


Yesterday, I was lucky to find a cute pattern by Laura C at SweetCinnamonRoses for her Wee Boxy Basket pattern.  It took me less than 2 hours to make the small basket and it is SO cute.

Small WeeBoxyBasket

Inside the WeeBoxyBasket
It finishes about 3"x 3".



Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Dusting off the cobwebs!

Hello and welcome!  

I have taken this blog out of the moth balls and dusted it off.  

I started this blog working with my mother on a Janet Stone BOM in 2014.  My mom made 2 of these quilts and I am part of the way done.  Mom passed away in 2015.

One of my goals for 2020 is to finish this quilt this year.  Another one of my goals is to start winding down working and start sewing and quilting more and blogging about it.  I have been reading blogs from other, inspiring, quilters and I want to be part of the community.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Letters H & I are done!!

I've been a bit busy the last couple of weeks.  I finally had a chance to work on my quilt.

Last weekend I cut out everything for the letters H, I, E & J.  I was able to finish H & I yesterday.  I then sashed them together.  What do you think?

All together!

Monday, March 3, 2014

February's Blocks almost done.

I worked on the B (basket), C (colorado star), and D (duck & ducklings) blocks this weekend.  I just need to piece them together.

I have downloaded the next batch for March, although I don't think I will have much time to work on them as we are heading for the Caribbean in about a week!!!  WooHoo - I am getting tired of this winter.

February's blocks

Next up are the letters H & I.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I have finished the January Block!  Mom gave me some good ideas on how to finish.  I quilted each block before I appliqued the letters and stars.  

I also found out that my sewing machine wasn't able to do a blanket stitch or a zig-zag stitch.  I think something is wrong with my machine or me :). 

Instead I just stitched around the edges of the letters and stars.

I'm going to finish the back just as soon as all the fabric is washed and dried.  I'm going to do the back of the letters in straight colors with a companion sashing from the front.  I'll show you when I'm done.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day cutting out the fabric for this month's block - the letters 'b', 'c', and 'd'.

Month 1 completed!

Mom shared a picture of her blocks.  She is doing 2 quilts at the same time.  I think the one with the hearts is very cute!!!  Nice job, Mom!!

Mom's blocks!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Letter A

I've had this done for a couple of weeks now and have been busy traveling and working.  I thought it was time to post how far I have gotten.  I see that I need to work on squaring everything up and making it even.  I haven't sewn in awhile so I am rusty.

I also think that I am going to re-do the letters with a different applique technique.  I'll post more when I get to it.  My plan is to take next weekend off, including President's Day and work on the letters F & G.  I also downloaded this month's packet and I would like to at least get everything cut out.

Not quite finished.  Still need to attach the letter and star.  Not bad for the first time!

Cheers!!!  Deb

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Started my project yesterday.  Had a slight accident while I was cutting the fabric.  Mother warned me about the rotary cutter - almost sliced off the tip of my finger!  I'm okay and so is my finger.

Here are some pictures.  I cut out the letters and 20 stars.  I also started cutting all of the fabric needed to complete these 3 blocks.  I hope to finish that effort this coming week while the weather is so bad here.


The first 3 letters and 20 stars.


Closeup of the fabric for the letters and the background fabric.

I used orange batik for the stars.